All delivered product must have:
- Brand labels
- Poly bag- Can be ordered from a local source *But must have a suffocation warning printed on the polybag, it cannot be a sticker applied to the polybag*
3. SKU label (See pre-ticketing for more information)*IMPORTANT MESSAGE* – Any products that arrive at the DC non-compliant of the above guidelines will be issued a non- negotiable chargeback.
Please specifically note on Polybags, the guidance offered on the RoSPA Website (https://www.rospa.com/en/FAQs/Detail?id=110):
“If the bag is big enough to cover a child’s head and is thin enough to cling to its mouth and nose, it presents a serious risk of suffocation. Therefore, if its opening perimeter is greater than 380mm:
Its average sheet thickness must be not less than 0.038mm (38microns) (average of 10 points measured along the diagonal of a sample sheet) and it must not have a drawstring or cord as a means of closing. The 0.038mm minimum thickness requirement does not apply to: shrunk-on film normally destroyed when packaging is opened; nor perforated film bags which do not create a vacuum and stick to the child’s face.
Any area of maximum dimensions 30mm x 30mm should have a minimum hole area of 1 per cent.
In summary, RoSPA advises:
- Do not use plastic film less than 38microns thick
- Use perforated bags wherever possible
- Make sure there is a statement printed on the bag: WARNING – risk of suffocation. Keep away from young children.”